ABOUT THE COMPANY
Florida Solar One and its partners are equal opportunity employers dedicated to and leading the solar industry in South Florida and Caribbean. The company is ranked #261 in the 2016 Inc. Magazine 500 fastest growing companies in the U.S. In both 2015 and 2016 Florida Solar One has been ranked by Solar Power World in their annual Top 500 Solar Contractors in the USA list.
The position provides a rewarding opportunity in a rapidly growing company that is grounded in education, innovation, and integrity.
Florida Solar One is currently looking for a Project Manager/Superintendent for their solar installation department. The right candidate will manage all functions of the job site as it relates to home, commercial and government construction. Manage construction of multiple systems from estimating through closing while maximizing profits and maintaining excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for construction, service and repairs of solar energy ad thermal systems in a timely manner
- Schedule and manage all phases of development and construction.
- Complete each installation site on schedule from planning through commissioning, ensuring that all contract obligations are satisfied
- Confirm all approved plans to verify system(s) are built per plans and specifications.
- Maintain a safe work site by implementing good housekeeping regulations and safety requirements, enforcing safe work habits and observing OSHA and any state-level agencies’ regulations
- Be aware of applicable building codes and OSHA requirements
- Perform checklists and reports that aid in controlling aspects of the construction process under his or her responsibility
- Achieve the highest quality work and homeowner satisfaction through effective management of resources and the construction process
- Monitor job site cleanliness and hold the subcontractors responsible for daily clean-up
- Conduct detailed inspections after each trade has completed its tasks and before any work is authorized for payment
- Verify that city final is complete and passed by the city inspector
- US Citizenship is mandatory
- The qualified candidate for this position will have at least 2 to 5 years of experience working specifically in the solar energy industry as an installer, superintendent or crew leader.
- OSHA 10 Hour Certified (minimum) 30 Hour is preferred
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and transportation
- Knowledge of and ability to work with high-voltage electrical systems
- Organizational skills, attention to detail & high performance standards
- Good communication skills (both oral & written), and must be comfortable scheduling work directly with residents
- Ability to work efficiently and to multi-task
- Proven record of working independently and with minor supervision
- An effective team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to work weekends as necessary
- Bi-lingual a plus
- Basic computer skills. Experience in Excel, Word, Outlook and CAD (highly preferred)
- Climbing up and down ladders
- Working from various heights
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Able to pull wire
- Working on roofs for several hours a day
- Continuous kneeling
This is a hands on working in the field leadership role requiring proven experience in residential and light commercial solar energy installation and construction industry. The role will require direct supervision of other installers as a participating member of the installation crew while carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include estimating, supervising, ordering, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Salary and Benefits:
Pay is commensurate with experience. Starting salary range is $40k to $60k+ and depending on qualifications. Florida is a Right to Work state with employees given a 90 probationary period to obtain tenure. Once achieved company benefits may include:
- Increased pay with experience
- Profit share, bonuses and/or commissions.
- Health Insurance or allowance
- Company vehicle
- Paid expenses
- Educational reimbursement
- Personal Time Off
Interested and QUALIFIED candidates are encouraged to apply. Please email your resume AND cover letter stating why you think you’d be a good fit and your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not call the office. Qualified individuals will be invited for an interview at the office. Successful candidates will be subject to a background check, physical and drug examinations.